Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
Startup India provides financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market-entry, and commercialization. Eligible startups can apply for the scheme on the Startup India portal. Now Sathyabama Technology Business Incubator also facilitating the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme.
Eligibility for Startups
- A Startup, recognized by DPIIT, Incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application.
- The Startup must have a business idea to develop a product or a service with a market fit, viable commercialization, and scope of scaling.
- The startup should be using technology in it’s core product or service, or business model, or distribution model, or methodology to solve the problem being targeted.
- Preference would be given to startups creating innovative solutions in sectors such as social impact, waste management, financial inclusion, education, agriculture, food processing, biotechnology, healthcare, energy, mobility, defense, space, railways, oil and gas, textiles, etc.
- Startup should not have received more than Rs. 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme. This does not include prize money from competitions and grand challenges, subsidized working space, founder monthly allowance, access to labs, or access to prototyping facility
- Share holding by Indian promoters in the startup should be at least 51% at the time of application to the incubator for the scheme as per Companies act, 2013 and SEBI (ICDR) Regulations,2018.
- A startup can avail seed support in the form of grant and debt/convertible debentures each once as per the guidelines of the scheme.